Hey! You should know that this product has been discontinued. Here are our current recommended cameras in the Compact Travel Zoom Digital Cameras category.
Casio Exilim H20G
Casio's latest travel zoomer brings integrated GPS to the Exilim H-series, aimed squarely at travelers and tourists. We had very good things to say about the H10 last fall, and this update looks every bit as worthy, with the same versatile 24-240mm (10x zoom) lens, HD video and pocketable size. The wild card is the GPS: We haven't seen it done right in a compact camera yet, and it jacks up the price and drags down battery life. But at least on paper, the H20G's GPS does a few tricks that work in its favor. It can apparently geotag indoors as well as outdoors, using a motion sensor, and it comes with the same massive battery that allowed the H10 to take 1,000 shots on a single charge. That figure will obviously be lower with the GPS and motion sensor activated, but it should still best any competitors out there. Let's hope that it works out, because it could turn out to be quite the excellent shooter for travelers, tourists, or anyone who needs a versatile camera in a portable package.
- 14.1 megapixels
- 10x optical zoom, 15x enhanced zoom
- 24mm wide angle
- Optical (sensor shift) image stabilization
- 720p HD video, h.264 format
- 3-inch LCD monitor, 460k dots
- EXILIM Engine HS image processor
- Integrated GPS for indoor and outdoor geotagging
- Captures to SD/SDHC media cards
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Release Date: Nov 15, 2010