Hey! You should know that Panasonic has released a newer version of this product: the Panasonic Lumix TS20.
Panasonic Lumix TS10
The TS10 is Panasonic's latest rugged shooter -- a cheaper, smaller, and less-tough version of the TS2. The stress ratings are more modest, so let's say that it's for beach bums and clumsy people rather than snorkelers and mountain climbers. Based on our experience with every other rugged camera ever, the image quality will be average at best, and probably just mediocre. But hey, it's still a tough bugger, and at a much more palatable price ($250) than its brick-like brethren at the top of the class.
- 14 megapixels
- 4x optical zoom
- Waterproof to 10 ft, shockproof to 5 ft, freezeproof to 14 F, dustproof
- 720p HD video (motion JPEG)
- Optical image stabilization (MEGA OIS)
- 2.7-inch LCD
- Captures to SD/SDHC/SDXC media cards
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Rubberized cover included
- Release Date: Sep 15, 2010