Samsung is once again experimenting with screens, this time mounting the entire back of the MV800 on a hinge so that it can swing 180 degrees up and around. The theory is that, rather than including a small screen on the front of the camera like in their DualView line, this way the subject can see and interact with a much larger touchscreen. The touchscreen is apparently very good and accepts swipe and touch gestures with about the same response as an iPhone, which is great news, but image quality isn't great for a camera in this price range. The MV800 is a stylish and highly functional point and shoot, but you'll have to decide if the price tag is worth it.
- 16.2 megapixel CCD sensor
- 5x optical zoom with 26mm wide-angle
- 720p HD video with mono sound
- 3-inch screen with 180 degree turning radius
- Optical image stabilization
- Lithium-ion battery
- Release Date: Sep 01, 2011