Hey! You should know that Sony has released a newer version of this product: the Sony Alpha A37.
Sony Alpha A35
The A35 sits at the bottom of Sony's Alpha lineup, but still packs an impressive amount of features. The 16.2 megapixel CMOS sensor is similar to the one used in the new A57. The A35 lacks the swivel LCD screen and fancier electronic viewfinders of its more-expensive brethren but is also quite a bit smaller. For those wanting to shoot HD video, the Alphas stand alone as the only DSLRs that feature full-time autofocus while recording. Point and shoot upgraders will also appreciate this same benefit when shooting stills. It's more money than the bottom-tier competition, but the A35 definitely makes its mark.
- 16.2 megapixels
- Exmor R CMOS APS-C sensor
- SLT-type camera with fixed, translucent pellicle mirror
- 1080i HD video
- 3-inch LCD, 921k pixels
- Electronic viewfinder
- Continuous shooting at 5.5fps, max. burst 7.5 fps
- 18-55mm kit lens included
- iSweep panorama
- Captures to SD/SDHC/Memory Stick media cards
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Release Date: Aug 15, 2011