Hey! You should know that Sony has released a newer version of this product: the Sony Alpha A580.
Sony Alpha A500
Sony's Alpha-series A500 is another offering to the consumer dSLR market, in the vein of the Nikon D5000 and Canon T1i. It gets less recognition than either of these heavy hitters, probably because the brand name carries a connotation of mass-production and rampant consumerism rather than the "pedigree" of its competitors. Regardless, this performs admirably well at high ISO (up to 12800) for pretty slick low-light images. Worth a look, for sure.
- 12.3 megapixels
- ISO up to 12800
- 5fps continuous shooting
- SteadyShot INSIDE image stabilization
- BIONZ image processor
- 18-55mm kit lens included
- Captures to Memory Stick PRO Duo/Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC memory cards
- HDMI output
- 1000-shot, rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Release Date: Aug 28, 2009