CLICK HERE FOR CAMCORDER HQ

COMMENTS, QUESTIONS, & ANSWERS FORUM BY VIEWERS AND EDITORS

24 comments
  • 45x45
    David

Comparing to the SX270/280. I know they've up-graded the battery (by about 60mA - a fat lot of good it seems) Will it have the same battery issue when taking videos? This is what many people will be wondering and if the sales will be slow starting because of this? Time will tell, I won't be rushing out for sure - there are plenty more pebbles on the beech.

More 40 minutes ago
  • 45x45
    Kelly

Does this camera have a quick shutter speed? I have young children that are always on the go and I want to be able to focus on them moving without the blurr. I also want to be able to hit the button back to back for multiple pictures seconds apart without the hang up. I had a Kodak camera that sounds just like this one. The screen went black on me and I need a replacement. I hated that Kodak, it always hung up in the middle of taking a picture.

More about 1 hour ago
    • Thumb 45 ai hillary 45x45
      Hillary Grigonis

In proper lighting, this camera should be able to freeze the action pretty well. Plus it does have the continuous burst mode to take several pictures quickly.

More about 1 hour ago
      • 45x45
        Chuck Parker

If you're wanting to freeze action with a quick shutter speed, go into the menu and choose the sports mode (a person running is the icon). This mode will shoot in faster shutter speeds than normal, but may cut down on your depth-of-field somewhat, so go back to auto mode if not shooting action. Never actually seen a s6300, but am assuming it works much like my s3200. Worth a try.

More about 1 hour ago
  • 45x45
    Rajkumar

I got a 4 gb memory card free with nikon S6500, in which i could approx 30 minutes of Hd video recording. Then i purchased a 32 GB class 10 sdhc sandisk card for increasing more video memory space, but i didn't get more pics or video space. Is there any limitation for this, also i didn't find. anything in settings regarding this. And one more thing i face that most of the time it requires more than one try to focus on a subject while taking pics and also on vids. Is it an issue or normal. Kindly suggest. Thank you.

More 4 days ago
    • Thumb 45 ai hillary 45x45
      Hillary Grigonis

Hello Rajkumar. Most point-and-shoot cameras like this are only designed to take short clips and will stop recording after about half an hour, that's not an issue with the memory card, the camera just isn't designed to process that much video. You should however be able to fit more images on the 32 GB card, as well as multiple 30 minute video clips, over the 4 GB card. I did note autofocus issues in my hands-on review, so it's not a setting you are missing or anything. On autofocus, the camera automatically picks a focus point, sometimes it just doesn't select the same one you had in mind! Refocusing will select a different point.

More 4 days ago